Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Young and Old at the Same Time?

I received a friend request the other day on Facebook from a old friend from high school. Someone that I hadn't spoken to or heard from in 20 + years. He said that he had been looking for me for a long time and it took 10 minutes on Facebook. Crazy, this phenomenon!

What I find so weird is that it made me feel young and old at the same time. It doesn't feel like I have been out of high school for 25 years and that I am 43 years old. Today a Facebook friend request sent me down memory lane to the early eighties and working at a McDonald's for 3.75/hour. Listening to music by Def Leppard, Van Halen, and the like and cruising around town in a 1974 white Mazda station wagon that my parents had given me, thinking that I was sooooo cool. What a fun trip that was.

But, I had to return to 2009 and face the reality that I am 43. Which isn't all that bad really!!!!! I just never pictured myself being in my forties with gray hair, wrinkles and all the creaks and groans of my knees.

I wouldn't change my life or things that have happened to me. All the experiences that I have had make me who I am today and I kinda like who I am. Creaks, groans, gray hairs and all!

Check this out! Dian. Circa 1982.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this photo - you always take a great picture!!!! I certainly can relate to the old and young thoughts!!!! The good news - we have many years ahead of us still!!!!