Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Because Every Princess Needs Sparkly Shoes

I have focused so much on Scott on my blog posts that I felt it was time to introduce you all to our resident Princess, Ashlyn.

Her daddy calls her his princess and she has taken it to heart! Tuesday at an event at church Ashlyn was playing with a group of kids and she announced to them all, with her hands on her hips and sass in her voice, “I am a Princess!” After the event and lunch with a friend, we went to Target (one of our favorite places) to pick up toothpaste, how mundane! Anyway, we walked by the shoe department and what did we see? Sparkly Shoes!!!

As any Princess knows you need sparkly shoes! So mom said, “Yes” and we now have a beautiful pair of silver sparkly shoes. They are pretty cool; almost wish they had them in my size. Well, almost!


Here are a few other tidbits from the last few days! Scott did so well at the Puberty Stimulation tests; he had an IV inserted both days and went through several blood draws and injections. The doctor’s nurse, Jack (we really like Jack – he is further proof of how good God is! Jack is a fellow believer and has been uplifting Scott in his prayers) was very good with Scott and keeping him informed about what he was doing and what was going on. By the end of the second day Scott was so comfortable with Jack that he was joking with him and teasing him. We are still waiting for the results regarding whether or not Scott is entering puberty. But, to his mom it sure seems like he is, pubic hair, a few pimples and some body odor and surliness, sure sounds like puberty to me. I just keep praying that it isn’t.

I think that we are done with tests and doctor’s visits for a while, maybe until we go to Maryland. Please keep us in your prayers, we still need them!

If we can be praying for any of you, please leave a comment and let us know. It would be an honor to take any request to the Throne!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the sparkly shoes and I do want a pair!!! Go,Girl!!!!

catherine (fairchild) calhoun said...

Love the shoes.
Would love some prayers for my boy with the upcoming thyroid surgery. And for me to be brave too.

Kristi Bowers said...

Praying....