Tuesday, August 26, 2008

God is so Good!

Wow! What an amazing 24 hours it has been. One of the wonderful people who have received our emails is Chuck’s cousin, Kristi, who has been such a support and an encouragement to us. Kristi and her family are running a marathon of their own. Her son, Kaleb, has Cystic Fibrosis. They have been running their marathon for seven years.

Kristi has been posting our prayer requests and updates on her blog and a lady whose son has MAS happened to come across Kristi’s blog. She sent information to Kristi about a Doctor in Maryland who is an expert on MAS and sent a copy of a paper that he has written. We took that to our doctor and she encouraged us to contact him. I sent an email on Friday and on Monday night I checked our email and there was a note from him. He would like to see/treat Scott at the National Institute of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. And, unbelievably, there would be no charge for his care at NIH.

This gives me chills and leaves me in awe at how MARVELOUS our God is! Kristi didn’t just happen to keep her blog updated with our prayers. The lady who son has MAS and had information about a doctor that has expertise in this rare disease really didn’t just happen to find Kristi’s blog. I am overwhelmed by the way that God has placed people in our lives and directed us to the most wonderful people. It gives me great comfort in resting in Him for what may be coming down the road.

We contacted Scott’s doctor, who had also emailed and received a response from Dr. Collins, to find out what her thoughts were and she said she would “highly recommend” that we get involved with Dr. Collins.

Please pray that working with Dr. Collins is the right direction that we need to be heading in. If not, pray that would be made clear to us.

Thank you all you prayer warriors! You have been amazing and such a blessing. I thank God for each and every one of you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful news. I love how God is working through our blogs to connect us to people we would have never known!!!!!

Kristi Bowers said...

Did you read my blog yesterday? We had the same title!!! Our God is SOOOO Good. I still have chills. I pray this Dr. Collins is the right direction and for clarity if not! Still praying! LOVEYOU

Unknown said...

I was so happy to see the fun outing you all had through the images you posted. All this week my devotions have been related to Peace and by surrounding yourself in all that brings joy to you e.g. family, blessings etc. Seeing the Green's at the Speedway all of smiles is Peace. Chuck I will not be with you on Crew 2 this weekend - I'll miss you and I will keep praying everyday for your family!