Friday, August 29, 2008

How I have been Inspired

First of all I have been inspired by all of you! Your prayers, support, encouragement and lasagna have amazed me! I truly thank God for each and every one of you.

I have always been a fan of Steven Curtis Chapman. His heart is evident in his music and how much he loves the Lord. His latest CD is called "This Moment". I was inspired by this CD in wonderful ways prior to the current circumstances, but now the music touches me in a deeper way. You may know that Steven’s youngest daughter was killed in an accident earlier this year; she was struck by an SUV driven by his teenage son. While we are not facing the death of a child, I am in awe of his strength and hope in his grief. I have included the lyrics from one song in particular from the CD (I tried to include an audio file, but couldn’t figure out how, maybe you can’t). But, at any rate please read the lyrics, the last verse was added by Steven after his daughter’s death.



Yours by Steven Curtis Chapman

I walk the streets of London
And notice the faces passing by
Something that makes me stop and listen
My heat grows heavy with the cry
Where is the hope for London?
You whisper and my heart begins to soar
As I’m reminded every street in London is Yours

I walk the dirt roads of Uganda
I see the scars that war has left behind
Hope like the sun is fading
And they’re waiting for a cure no one can find
And I hear children’s voices singing
Of a God who heals and rescues and restores
And I’m reminded that every child in Africa is Yours

And it’s all Yours God, Yours God,
Everything is Yours
From the stars in the sky to the depths of the ocean floor
And it’s all Yours God, Yours God, everything is Yours
You’re the maker and keeper,
Father and ruler of everything

And I walk the sidewalks of Nashville
Like Singapore, Manila, and Shanghai
I’m brushed by the beggar’s hand and the wealthy man
And everywhere I look I realize t
hat just like the streets of London
For every man and woman, boy and girl
All of creation, this is our Father’s world

I walked the valley of death's shadow
So deep and dark that I could barley breathe
I’ve had to let go of more than I could bear
And I’ve questioned everything that I believe
Still even here in this great darkness
A comfort and a hope come breaking through
As I can say in life or in death
God, we belong to You

We are Yours, God
The glory is Yours, God
All the honor is Yours, God
The power is Yours, God
The glory is Yours, God
You’re the King of Kings and Lord of Lords
And It’s all Yours God, Yours God
Everything is Yours
All the greatness and power and glory and splendor and majesty
Everything is Yours
It’s all Yours
We are Yours
The glory and honor is Yours
Everything is Yours
It’s all Yours


The reason I wanted to include this was to say that We Are All His and how wonderful that we have Him to lean on and take our hope from. He knows what will happen with Scott and He loves him even more than I can imagine. I pray that this song touches you as it has done me and know how much God loves you!

Please keep us in your prayers!

1 comment:

Kristi Bowers said...

Wow, that is powerful. What an awesome testimony he is! Reading that last verse knowing what he has gone through....took my breathe away. We are still praying!