Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday has been a Good Day!

I have actually been able to get some work down around the house and even some laundry! Wow. Who’d of thought that I would be excited about something so mundane…?

So far, this week we only have two doctor’s appointments and some labs we are waiting on referrals for, an ENT tomorrow and the oncologist on Wednesday. The ENT is checking Scott’s hearing as Dr. Naidu was concerned about the tumor affecting it. The oncologist for the tumor to see if it can be handled medically, I assume with radiation. Boy, that is a word that freaks me out, well wait, maybe tumor freaks me out more.

One of the things that I have been so thankful for has been my family and my “chosen” family. Our dear friends, Darrel and Barbie are such a blessing in our lives. They have been so involved in our lives, I can’t imagine going through this with out them. Since I have lost both of my parents, they have become like my mom & dad and thus become grand parents for Scott and Ashlyn.

Darrel took the kids on Saturday night to the speedway at the OC fair grounds, they had a blast! Chuck and I were able to have a quite evening at home, what a blessing!

Thank you all for your prayers, support and love. We need each and everyone of you.

Much Love!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys had some time alone on Saturday - praise God for "family"!!!! D & B are a great blessing and I am so glad you have them!!!! Thanks for the update!!!! Love to you all!!! Larissa and Socks and Bill