Saturday, September 6, 2008

Wow, Wow & WOW

We got a call yesterday from a research nurse, Marilyn, from the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD. We are tentatively scheduled to go October 18th-26th. She wants to double check with Dr. Collins about that week, but we should know by Tuesday. If not that week it will be sometime in November.

I am still amazed by how God works things out! In thinking about going out to Maryland I was looking for hotels near NIH and was coming up with room rates that were astronomical! Being very near Washington D.C., I wasn't all that surprised. NIH offers a place called the Children's Inn right across the road from the research hospital where Scott will stay and there is no charge to family members who stay at the Inn. They also provide a small stipend each day for food.

Marilyn said that one parent will need to stay with Scott, sleeping on a sofa bed in the room. Chuck and I will switch off who stays with Scott. The subway system, The Metro, has a stop right at NIH and we can use it if we have any free time to visit the local attractions. Chuck's mom & dad have very generously offered to cover the airfare expense for us to travel and we have a wonderful friend to is arranging air miles to be donated for future trips!

WOW! I keep thinking of the verses in Jeremiah 29:11-13 "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you future and a hope. Then you will call on upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me with all your heart."

It is so hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that God new what was going to happen with Scott even before He made the world and that He truly cares for and loves Scott (and us) more than we could ever imagine. I have to say that I have had such calmness through this that can only come from God; I am normally such a "Master Worrier!" People we know have been passing on our prayer requests to people they know and we are hearing that there are people in the UK, Japan, Mexico and all over the U.S. praying! How cool is that! I must say that I can feel all of them!

Please keep praying! Here are the newest requests:

  • That we would go to Maryland at the right time.
  • Continued wisdom and clarity for Scott's doctors.
  • Referrals would come through quickly (We saw the neurophthalmologist on Friday and the test that he really needed to do wasn't approved in the original referral, so they had to submit another one. However, based on what he could do, he thought everything looked good. Scott's vision isn't being effected by the tumor, yet).
  • That the tumor would not grow anymore or better yet that God would miraculously heal him!
  • That Scott would remain satisfied with the explaination of "we need to find out why you are so big" as to why all the tests and doctors visits and/or the wisdom of what to say if he starts needing more information.
  • I haven't been sleeping well, pray for good sleep. Please!

I'll leave with another verse: And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." II Corinthians 12:9

Thank you all for your prayers!

2 comments:

Kristi Bowers said...

Wow is right! How exciting that it is all working out, isn't God cool? That verse is my favorite verse and on my blog-Jer. 29:11-13-still praying

Anonymous said...

Great news, Dian - I am so excited for you all!! Moving forward and having answered prayers is so great and helpful for those who worry!!!

Here's a verse for you.

Psalm 50:15 "Call upon me in the day of trouble, I will deliver you, and you will honor me."

I will be praying that you get some sleep!!!